Wednesday, November 22, 2006

To "podcast" or not to "podcast"?

Hi my dear blog friends!

This week's e-tivity is dealing with podcast. What does this strange word mean? A podcast is a multimedia file (either audio or video) and it can be downloaded onto personal computers or mp3 players so that users can listen to or watch it whenever and wherever they want to.

I've explored the "podcastsphere" and I've found some interesting websites which provides you a great number of helpful podcasts if you want to imrpove your language skills and I've bookmarked them on del.icio.us.

The first is Ello. Here you can find a lot of podcasts and activities which help you to improve your English grammar and vocabulary. Moreover, there is a very interesting section called "English by Region" in which you can explore the different accent of English.

The second website I've chosen is spotlight. Lots of audio and multimedia files are available and downloadable here. If you explore the website you will also find that in the section called "Learning English" there is a very good archive full of activities to do by your own.

The third and last link I give you is very useful for English Foreign Learners because there are lots of activities and excercises to make.

What else can I say about podcast? Click here and just listen to my impressions about it.



powered by ODEO

Cheers

Alice

2 comments:

Maria Chiara said...

Hi Alice!
I've just read your post about podcasting and surfed through the three websites you've found.I noticed that they provide you not only with audio files you can listen to but also with a series of activities, such as quizzes and exercises, by means of which you can test your comprehension. Also the websites I've picked are organised in this way. So, nice choice!
Bye bye
Maria Chiara

Giorgia said...

Hi Alice!
I read your post and I listened to your audio file...I decided at once to comment on your blog!
First of all I 've to tell you that I'm impressed about your English pronunciation...It's very very good!!! as far as the content of your post I agree with you: I think that podcasts are one of the best ways to learn a foreign language.
I visited the websites you found and the first "Elllo" caught my attention; it's very interesting to have the chance to listen to the different Englsih accents! I think that this part can be addressed to advanced learners...so for us (although I don't know if I'm really an advanced English learner!!) this is an important activity to understand the differences inside the language!
Well Alice, have a nice weekend!
Bye Giorgia