Monday, November 13, 2006

Discovering del.icio.us


Hi guys and girls

Last week in class I discovered another very interesting website:
del.icio.us. I already knew what bookmarks were but I didn't know the existence of a website like del.icio.us which allows you to save the adressess of your favourite websites and share them with other people in the community.

In Internet you can find everything you want but it is not certain that what you find out is good, as our teacher usually says. Del.icio.us is more or less like Google but there is a very important difference which distinguishes one website from the other: Google is more wasteful than delicious. Since del.icio.us is a sort of community it is more probable that what you find there is more interesting and relevant to what you are loooking for because other people examined that website before you.

I went through my colleagues' bookmarks and I think that some of them are very useful for our English course, as for example Svejtlana's link about
punctuation... it is really cheering to know that there is someone else in my class (besides me) who has serious problems with punctuation ^_-

Another interesting website is about
language tools. Here you can find "the basic tools for writing, reading or translating a language" as Gio83 says in her description.
Dealing with
Grammar , there is a very inviting website in which you can find information about word analysis and other Grammar topics.

One of my biggest problems is the search of synonims...but now, thanks to francesstar, I've discovered a website which will help me:
http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?r=20&q=%20synonym.

In my opinion social bookmarking is very functional because you can share with other people links about topics you have in common with them.

I'm learning more and more about the world of Internet and I'm aware that there are still many things to explore.

Cheers
Alice

(photo source)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Dear Alice,
First of all I like the picture  (and you’ve put the source!). It refers to book worms I think, do you know what a book worm is?
Anyway, you’ve made some interesting comments on the differences between del.icio.us and Google. I’m glad to know you find the former useful!
You’re blogging is great – paragraph division, hyperlinks, use of colors, etc. Good work.

Just a few language comments:
- verbs: knew…are, someone who…have
- wrong word: ignored, find out, ever
- prepositions: people of the community
- punctuation: as for example (your punctuation isn’t as bad as you think!)

Sarah

P.S. (Could you give me your username for del.icio.us?)

Alice said...

Dear Sarah,
my username for del.icio.us is eddina47

Alice